PDO Thread Lift
PDO THREAD LIFT
A beautiful and healthy face has a “V-shape”. With the ageing of tissues and the action of gravity, this “V-shape” diminishes or inverts to an A shape. The idea behind the Nu-Mesh and the Nu-Lift technique is to either create a scaffolding in order to support the tissues and keep them in the “V-shape” or where necessary to delicately lift the tissues and reposition the skin to recreate the V-shape where it’s been lost.
The PDO Thread Lift procedure safely and instantly lifts up loose skin on the face, neck and the body with minimal downtime.* Thread Lift is one the most effective ways to lift the loose skin without surgery.
What is PDO Therapy and how does it work?
PDO therapy is an effective cosmetic technique that lifts and tighten sagging skin tissues by stimulating collagen production. It involves the insertion of fine, absorbable polydioxanone (PDO) threads (similar to those used in medical suturing) into the subcutaneous layer of the skin using small needles. These threads remain implanted in the skin causing micro-injuries that stimulate collagen synthesis and tissue tightening. After six months, the threads will be absorbed into the body leaving new collagen in their place.
During the procedure, topical anesthetic will be applied, and takes between 45 and 60 minutes depending on the treatment area. Side effects are minimal but may include swelling and bruising that lasts 2-3 days, and patients can continue with normal activities immediately after.
PDO therapy can be used on the cheeks, brow, jawline, neck, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, arms, thighs and abdomen. The lifting effect is at its peak after 6 months when collagen has formed around the threads, and lasts between 2-3 years.
What are PDO thread lifts?
They are hypodermic needles preloaded with a PDO absorbable suture.
- Natural results
- No surgery, No pain
- It’s a synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. PDO sutures are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery (such as open-heart surgery). It’s one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- Your skin fully absorbs it within 4 to 6 months & won’t leave you with any scar tissue.
- No cuts, surgery or incisions
- Lifts and tightens laxity on the face, neck, and jawline
- Restores the face’s naturally-beautiful V-shape
- Stimulates collagen regeneration to rebuild aging facial structures
- Lifts, tightens, and smooths the skin from the inside through enhanced collagen production
- Does not require general anesthesia; can be performed with a localized anesthesia
- Little to no post-procedure recovery time
- Typically requires less than an hour
- Many patients can expect results that last up to 2 years